Tuesday 5 April 2011

My annual lecture: An Invitation

I would like to invite all followers to my forthcoming Wycombe Arts Society lecture at High Wycombe Town Hall on Monday 18th April at 7.30pm.

Taking an unashamedly Health and Safety approach to E.M Forster's A Passage to India, I shall venture that the author's true purpose was not to unmask the failings of Empire or even to attempt a more general treatment of cross-cultural understandings, both of which I regard as 'problematic', but rather to essay an early - indeed, seminal, if flawed - attempt to critique failures to carry out appropriate risk assessments before leading trips and journeys.

I shall contend that this message has never been more appropriate than today.

I look forward to seeing you both there.

No comments:

Post a Comment